Costa Rica is a country overflowing with natural wonders. The country is entirely focused on ecotourism and sustainability, which means that you have amazing opportunities to enjoy nature at her finest. The Costa Rica Highlights tour offers the following nature experiences that take you through three distinct climate zones:
- Marvel at the lushness of the El Silencio Cloud Forest.
- Gain a bird’s eye view of the rainforest canopy as you walk the Arenal Hanging Bridges
- Soak in the tropical paradise of Tabacon Hot Springs
- View the majestic Arenal Volcano as you zip-line through the trees
- Enjoy the beauty of Tamarindo beach where the sunset has to be seen to be believed
Arrival in San José, Costa Rica Greet & private-guided Transfer San Jose International Airport / Studio Boutique Hotel Enjoy Costa Rican art and pool at hotel Dinner & overnight at Studio Boutique Hotel
Breakfast at Studio Boutique Hotel 8:00am Private Transfer San Jose /Arenal Volcano Area with stops: Espiritu Santo Coffee Tour Central market in San Ramon Lunch at Villa Blanca, formerly the country estate of a CR President El Silencio de los Angeles Cloud Forest walk Dinner & overnight at Volcano Lodge
Breakfast at Volcano Lodge 9:00am Arenal Hanging Bridges Rainforest Tour 12:30pm Lunch on own in La Fortuna town 3:00pm Tabacon Hot Springs Tabacon Buffet Dinner Overnight at Volcano Lodge
Breakfast at Volcano Lodge Morning at Leisure or Optional Activities: Canopy/Zipline Tour or optional spa treatments, Horseback Tour to Arenal Volcano Lunch on own 12:00pm Transf er Arenal / Tamarindo with stop at Las Pumas Rescue Ctr. (big cats, monkeys, birds, otters) Dinner at Nibbana Restaurants in town Overnight Tamarindo Diria Hotel (Sunset Ocean View Rm)
Breakfast at Tamarindo Diria Hotel Day at Leisure or optional sport activities arranged by hotel (surfing lessons, scuba tour, deep-sea fishing, golf) Overnight at Tamarindo Diria Hotel
Breakfast at Tamarindo Diria Hotel Day at Leisure or optional sport activities Overnight at Tamarindo Diria Hotel
Breakfast at Tamarindo Diria Hotel Unescorted (driver only) group transfer hotel / Liberia Guanacaste (LIR) Airport Pay $29 departure tax at Liberia airport
EXPLORE THE NATURAL BEAUTY OF COSTA RICA
- Nature walk at El Silencio Cloud Forest
- Rainforest walk at Arenal Hanging Bridges
- Tabacon Hot Springs and Spa
- View Arenal Volcano
- Las Pumas Rescue Center
EXPERIENCE THE CULTURE OF COSTA RICA
- Studio Hotel’s private collection of 100 paintings and sculptures by CR’s most renowned artists
- Espiritu Santo Coffee Farm
- Local market in San Ramon
- Villa Blanca, country estate of former CR President
RELAX, PLAY AND UNWIND
- Optional spa treatments in Arenal
- Optional Canopy / Zipline Tour in Arenal
- Pacific Ocean front resort for three nights
- Optional scuba tour, surfing lessons, horseback ride on beach, deep sea fishing, golf, tennis
RATES PER PERSON
Regular price: From $ 1995.00 (per person sharing a double room)
Single Supplement: + $580 (if you would like your own room or traveling alone)
What is included?
- Total of One (1) Night at Studio Hotel (Santa Ana suburb of San Jose)
- Deluxe Room Total of Two (2) Nights at Arenal Observatory Lodge (Arenal).
- Standard Room Total of Three (3) Nights at Tamarindo Diria Hotel. Sunset Ocean View Room
TRANSPORTATION PRIVATE MOTOR COACH
- Private A/C motor coach and driver on Day 1-5 for airport / hotel transfer on arrival in San Jose and throughout tour until Day 6.
- Unescorted transfer Tamarindo / Liberia Airport for departure on Day 7
- Maximum of 2 pieces of luggage per person
MEALS (11) AS SPECIFIED
- Breakfast: 6
- Dinners: 4
- Newsletter and resource packet to assist you in trip preparations prior to departure
- Information kit and 24-hour emergency service by our ground operator in Costa Rica
- Porter Tips at San Jose International Airport Porter and Housekeeping
- Tips at Tamarindo Diria Hotel
What is NOT included?
- Passport fees
- International Airfare to San Jose Airport (SJO), Costa Rica; departure from Liberia/Guanacaste Airport ,(LIR) Costa Rica
- Optional Spa Treatments at Tabacon Hot Springs: you have a wide selection of spa treatments to enjoy while hearing the sounds of the forest and the rushing of the water coming down from Arenal Volcano.
- Tours in Arenal: Sky Tram & Sky Trek (Canopy /Zipline) in Arenal
- The entrance fee ($10 per person) at Las Pumas Refuge must be paid directly by passengers.
- Airport Departure Taxes ($29.00 per person)
- Tips for Costa Rica private naturalist guide and driver
- Tips for local guides (e.g., coffee farm, El Silencio Cloud Forest Walk, optional tours in Arenal and Tamarindo.)
ESPIRITU SANTO COFFEE TOUR (NARANJO)
On the Espiritu Santo Coffee Tour you will see every step of coffee production, from the planting of seedlings, through the harvest of the beans (they look like cherries on a bush), cleaning, drying, roasting, and packaging. The entire crop of the farm’s Arabica beans is sold exclusively to Starbucks.
EL SILENCIO DE LOS ANGELES CLOUD FOREST WALK
El Silencio de Los Angeles Walk – Conveniently located within Villa Blanca’s 75 acre hotel property, this very user-friendly 3,000-meter (3 Kilometer) trail network was carefully engineered and designed by our own professional nature guides. It has no steps or obstacles to compete with the enjoyment of observing the countless variety of tropical flora and fauna along this guided nature interpretive walk. With only 2.5% of the planet’s cloud forest remaining, the unique energy of this cloud shrouded forest habitat continues to marvel both scientists and tourists alike.
ARENAL HANGING BRIDGES RAINFOREST HIKE
Walk along sturdy bridges up among the trees in this unique rainforest environment. Your private naturalist guide will introduce you to the extremely rich biodiversity and help you spot wildlife with his powerful telescope & binoculars. You are likely to see many types of birds, orchids and other exotic plants and perhaps even a sloth or howler monkey! From two bridges you can have a good view of Arenal Volcano.
TABACON HOT SPRINGS & SPA
A virtual “Garden of Eden” awaits you at Tabacon Hot Springs & Spa located at the foot of the Arenal Volcano. From the heart of the volcano spring fountains of thermomineral water which form the Tabacon River, running at a soothing 39C (102F), forming natural pools which cascade into the thermal lagoons, guaranteeing an unforgettable sensation. Relax in the multiple thermal pools or walk the trails surrounded by exotic tropical gardens which provide many photo ops. Enjoy a delicious buffet with a wide selection of local and international culinary treats.